List of partner countries universities, which are the partners of Agriculture Academy of Vytautas Magnus University (VMU-AA) for bilateral ERASMUS exchange in 2018-2020:
The procedure of ERASMUS exchanges with partner countries
1. After selection of the candidate at partner country university he should be nominated to VMU-AA by sending his name and contacts. The following information is important for the selected candidate:
- information on ERASMUS studies at VMU-AA students can could be found here:
- required documentation for students is presented here:
- required documentation for teachers is presented here:
2. Selected students should present following docs:
- fulfilled and printed on-line application, with their signature and confirmation of home institution. Application is available here: http://intern.asu.lt/erasmus-application/
- fulfilled Learning Agreement (LA). The form is available here:
Students can select their subjects only from the list presented in database of ASU:
For ERASMUS studies at VMU-AA students should select the subjects for 30 credits and prepare according LA. Otherwise the ERASMUS studies at VMU-AA will be not possible. Students are not forced to pass successfully all exams of LA, but they have to follow all selected courses.
- Transcript of Records of finished subjects. Information on it preparation is presented here: http://int.asu.lt/socrates/nauddoken.html
Soon application form and Learning Agreement submitted the student can apply for national D visa for studies.
When applying for visa student should present:
- passport (must be valid at least + 3 months from the date when issued D visa would expire);
- filled application form for D visa with 1 photo;
- international health insurance (for the period of visa validity);
- mediation letter from the host University (ASU);
- evidence of financial ability to study in Lithuania;
- visa fee: 60 EUR.
All necessary documents are listed at:
ASU International Department will prepare the Mediation Letter for national D visa (Tarpininkavimo rastas).
Other docs should be prepared by students. To prepare the Mediation Letter for Lithuanian Embassy the following information is to be sent to VMU-AA International Department:
- first and second name,
- date and place of born,
- passport No,
- current address,
- occupation (student of ...);
- dates of Your arrival and departure from Lithuania
All documents should be personally presented to responsible diplomatic mission of Lithuania - EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA in country.
If the student has a valid Schengen visa he can arrive to Lithuania and apply the D visa in Migration Service of Kaunas Police. For that he need to have the same docs which he should have applying the visa at Lithuanian Embassy abroad.
Knowing the arrival time, the student could make pre-registration for the meeting at Migration Service of Kaunas Police. It is important, because the queues here are really long. Here You can make pre-registration including reservation of appointment time and place:
More information about migration formalities, accommodation, insurance and health is available here:
Before coming to VMU-AA the students should prepare the certificate form (the file: ERASMUS statement of study period at VDU-ZUA EN.doc) with the signature of responsible person at home university (usually - International Office of home university) and at the beginning of mobility period at VMU-AA it should be presented to VMU-AA Unit of International Cooperation Department. Besides that, students have to fill-in (places marked in yellow) financial agreement (SMS Financial agreement VDU-ZUA 107 – incoming.doc) and send it by e-mail to erasmus.zua.@vdu.lt. Those files are presented here:
3. Selected teachers for the mobility should present following docs:
- name of contact person at our University responsible for acceptance;
- CV of the candidate (If the contact person is not clear);
- fulfilled Mobility Agreement, with the signature and confirmation of International Office.
The forms (the file for teaching: Mobility agreement STA ERASMUS+ VDU-ZUA 2019 - partner countries.doc, the file for training: Mobility agreement STT ERASMUS+ VDU-ZUA 2019 - partner countries.doc) and examples (the file for teaching: Mobility agreement STA ERASMUS+ VDU-ZUA 2019 - partner countries - example.pdf, the file for training: Mobility agreement STT ERASMUS+ VDU-ZUA 2019 - partner countries - example.pdf) are available here:
Before coming to VMU-AA the teachers should prepare the certificate form (the file for teaching: Evidence on teaching period STA at VDU-ZUA, the file for training: Evidence on training period STT at VDU-ZUA) with the signature of responsible person at home university (usually - International Office of home university) and at the beginning of mobility period at VMU-AA it should be presented to VMU-AA Unit of International Cooperation Department. Besides that, teachers have to fill-in (places marked in yellow) financial agreement (E+ grant agreement partner countries VDU-ZUA 2019.doc) and send it by e-mail to erasmus.zua.@vdu.lt. Those files are presented here:
4. Students and teachers can be accepted at our university if they are interested in study and research fields which are covered by our university.
Study programmes of VMU-AA are presented here:
VMU-AA research fields at the faculties are presented here:
- Faculty of Agronomy: http://af.asu.lt/?page_id=3152&lang=en
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering: http://zuif.asu.lt/en/research/
- Faculty of Economics and Management: http://evf.asu.lt/en/about-faculty/research/1222-2/
- Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology: http://mef.asu.lt/en/research/
- Faculty of Water and Land Management: http://vuzf.asu.lt/en/research/
5. The mobility grants the students and teachers will receive after arrival to VMU-AA on the personal account. If the account is opened in Lithuania or other EU country, transfer will be made in the same day. Pre-financing is not possible. The candidates should buy the tickets from own sources or ask the advance in home University. Mobility grant for incoming students and teachers consists grant for subsistence and grant for travel.
Grant for subsistence for mobility of 2017 project:
- for incoming students – 750 EUR/month, for incoming teachers – 100 EUR/day;
Grant for travel is calculated according geographical distance:
Before the payments the incoming students and teachers should sign the Financial agreement, which will be prepared and presented by VMU-AA Unit of International Cooperation Department.
6. Incoming students and teachers can start their mobility from the signing date of the agreement and finish according the deadlines stated in confirmed projects (to be inquired):
- 31.07.2019 or 31.07.2020.
General conditions of ERASMUS+ exchange:
Reference Guide for ERASMUS+ international credit mobility exchange:
Fequently asked questions on ERASMUS+ international credit mobility exchange:
Any questions regarding ERASMUS exchange with VMU-AA to be send by e-mail: